Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F I L M S here lol

+13
deathofhifi
JRS_One
Jam
Lindy
BiG Al
obie
Mampers84
gary barry gordon
turntablist
martymcfly
djp
dizzy dustin
pipehitterz
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

F I L M S here lol - Page 2 Empty dude

Post  dizzy dustin Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:03 am

The Spirit SUCKED......
dizzy dustin
dizzy dustin

Back to top Go down

F I L M S here lol - Page 2 Empty Re: F I L M S here lol

Post  pipehitterz Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:50 am

Lindy wrote:Check these, they're some of my favorites.

In Bruges (Very dark drama involving guilt and hit men...fairly tame for most of the movie, but it gets quite violent near the end...)

The Royal Tenenbaums (Dark comedy about dysfunctional families and selfish, aloof types. LOL)

The Machinist (Psycho-thriller with a disturbingly thin Christian Bale, some gruesome scenes also.)

Boondock Saints (Two brothers taking law enforcement into their own hands, very violent, beware.)

The Man Who Knew Too Little (terribly hilarious with Bill Murray)

-Lindy.

you got some great movies there, havent seen boondock, so its on to the torrents right noe lol.
in bruges was brilliant, if you like colin farrell, then try tigerland, hes bery impressive in that too
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:51 am

dizzy dustin wrote:The Spirit SUCKED......

i have it on dvd, but ive been told it sucks sooo bad, that its collectin dust lol
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:39 am

Lindy wrote:
In Bruges (Very dark drama involving guilt and hit men...fairly tame for most of the movie, but it gets quite violent near the end...)

The Machinist (Psycho-thriller with a disturbingly thin Christian Bale, some gruesome scenes also.)

In Bruges I was disappointed with my Irish friend thought it was amazing so when I watched it, it didn't really live to the hype. The machinist on the other hand is an excellent film I was very impressed! the ending is truly brilliant.

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  Jam Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:51 am

Went to see Watchmen a couple weeks back, and I'm still in therapy to stop seeing a giant blue penis every time I close my eyes. Not recommended!
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:51 am

Jam wrote:Went to see Watchmen a couple weeks back, and I'm still in therapy to stop seeing a giant blue penis every time I close my eyes. Not recommended!

Jam I feel your pain, I wake up and have to see my giant penis too. It's a shame Wink
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  BiG Al Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:12 am

turntablist wrote:
Jam wrote:Went to see Watchmen a couple weeks back, and I'm still in therapy to stop seeing a giant blue penis every time I close my eyes. Not recommended!

Jam I feel your pain, I wake up and have to see my giant penis too. It's a shame Wink

is it right next to your giant vagina?
LOL
BiG Al
BiG Al

Back to top Go down

Post  BiG Al Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:13 am

Watched a terrible movie last night......The Un-invited (USA version).
Pile of poop it was!
BiG Al
BiG Al

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:16 am

BiG Al wrote:
turntablist wrote:

is it right next to your giant vagina?
LOL

Hahaha Laughing

F I L M S here lol - Page 2 Postdirection

(edit: 100 posts!! Very Happy)
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:04 pm

ahh Watchmen was sooo dope. Loved the graphic novel, film was a great adaptation.

Just watched Doomsday (british film), it was pretty meh.

I usually love films that have similar themes, but they just didn't pull it off great.
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

Post  Jam Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:51 pm

JRS_One wrote:ahh Watchmen was sooo dope. Loved the graphic novel, film was a great adaptation.

Hell, I want whatever you took before seeing it, cos seeing it straight was only slightly more enjoyable than being repeatedly kicked in the stones for 2 hours!
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Jam wrote:
JRS_One wrote:ahh Watchmen was sooo dope. Loved the graphic novel, film was a great adaptation.

Hell, I want whatever you took before seeing it, cos seeing it straight was only slightly more enjoyable than being repeatedly kicked in the stones for 2 hours!

i really wanna watch this one cuz ive seen so many i love/hate it arguements, it compairs to the donnie darko arguement
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  obie Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:18 pm

pipehitterz wrote:
Jam wrote:

i really wanna watch this one cuz ive seen so many i love/hate it arguements, it compairs to the donnie darko arguement

ah come on now pipez, don't start that again...
obie
obie

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:20 pm

I just thought it was really stylish, well acted and had a great plot.

I think people who liked the graphic novel actually like this film. Which is weird cause usually if people like the book they bitch like f*ck about how the film ruined it.

It wasn't filled with mindless over the top action. But the violence when it was there was awesome, it was pretty brutal and bloody.

Its also just a great character piece, i mean it influenced every comic after it that ever showed superheroes with flaws and a human side.

How can you not like a film where the superheroes are pretty much scum, lol.

The Comedian - what can i say, if you've seen the film, this guy is straight mental.
Rorschach - a psychopath who enjoys inflicting brutal pain on people.
Doctor Manhattan - so beyond human life, he barely cares about its exsitance anymore.
Ozymandias - huge ego
Nite Owl - pretty normal guy, but he has some big problems in his life where he needs his secret identity to even feel alive.
Silk Spectre - didn't even want to be a superhero and resents it somewhat

yeah i just think its a great film, somewhat like The Dark Knight in that the actual "super-hero" aspect takes a back seat.
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:00 pm

turntablist wrote:
Lindy wrote:

In Bruges I was disappointed with my Irish friend thought it was amazing so when I watched it, it didn't really live to the hype. The machinist on the other hand is an excellent film I was very impressed! the ending is truly brilliant.

T

That's too bad you didn't like In Bruges. I probably liked it because I'd heard nothing of it before I watched it, so I had no expectations. Martin McDonagh, the writer, writes a lot of plays, one of which is SO messed up (well, they all are, really) called The Pillowman. You should read that or The Skull of Connemara out.

As far as some other films I think you may like, you should check out Pi, [Rear Window, The Thirty Nine Steps or Vertigo (all Hitchcock movies)], The Jackal (not as good, in my opinion, but still enjoyable), and Reservoir Dogs. I have to add Harold and Maude on here just because I think it's so funny. It's pretty unrelated to all of these others though...just a really weird film.
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:07 pm

JRS_One wrote:I just thought it was really stylish, well acted and had a great plot.

I think people who liked the graphic novel actually like this film. Which is weird cause usually if people like the book they bitch like f*ck about how the film ruined it.

It wasn't filled with mindless over the top action. But the violence when it was there was awesome, it was pretty brutal and bloody.

Its also just a great character piece, i mean it influenced every comic after it that ever showed superheroes with flaws and a human side.

How can you not like a film where the superheroes are pretty much scum, lol.

The Comedian - what can i say, if you've seen the film, this guy is straight mental.
Rorschach - a psychopath who enjoys inflicting brutal pain on people.
Doctor Manhattan - so beyond human life, he barely cares about its exsitance anymore.
Ozymandias - huge ego
Nite Owl - pretty normal guy, but he has some big problems in his life where he needs his secret identity to even feel alive.
Silk Spectre - didn't even want to be a superhero and resents it somewhat

yeah i just think its a great film, somewhat like The Dark Knight in that the actual "super-hero" aspect takes a back seat.

I have to agree with you on most of this, I did like that the "super heroes" were portrayed as being flawed like the rest of us, however, I do not think I would be able to watch it again...I did appreciate the action, but I think I am willing to overlook all the movie's flaws only once. haha
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Lindy wrote: Pi,

F I L M S here lol - Page 2 U003C0

That was an awesome film, completely in black and white (budget reasons) I just love it!
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:58 am

obie wrote:
pipehitterz wrote:
Jam wrote:

ah come on now pipez, don't start that again...

proof that we're old skool UD forum heads right there lol, that arguement was years ago lol
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Currently watching Juno and remembering how much i love this film.

haha, i nearly feel sad saying it cause its meant to be aimed at like teenage girls, but it just has a great cast, great music and a nice little story. I think i also first watched it at a good time with my girlfriend so it actually makes me think back on that time when i see it now.

Ohh and also gotta mention the Cut Chemist cameo as a a Chemistry teacher!! Classic!! More films need indie hip hop artist cameos.

Also watched Dumb and Dumber for the first time in about 10 years and actually really liked it more than i thought i would. Its childish and silly but still totally funny. I love a lot of the farrelly brother films (kingpin, something about mary - one of my fav comedies ever) I even really liked their last ben stiller film Heartbreak Kid which got overlooked by a lot of people.
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:51 am

JRS_One wrote:the Cut Chemist cameo as a a Chemistry teacher!! Classic!! More films need indie hip hop artist cameos.

I even really liked their last ben stiller film Heartbreak Kid which got overlooked by a lot of people.
I have to admit I didn't like Juno don't get me wrong there were some good bits but overall the girl in it seemed to be emulating Napoleon Dynamite far too much for me with the way she acted. I missed the Cut Chemist bit I can't believe it especially with how obvious it seems to me now that was probably the highlight of the film.
F I L M S here lol - Page 2 Junochem

The Heatbreak Kid was indeed an excellent film I remember watching it at the cinema, I can't believe that the bloke who plays Frank Constanza is actually Ben Stiller's dad. Laughing
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:22 pm

turntablist wrote: The Heatbreak Kid was indeed an excellent film I remember watching it at the cinema, I can't believe that the bloke who plays Frank Constanza is actually Ben Stiller's dad. Laughing

I had no idea those two were related! Very Happy
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:26 am

Neither did I until a while ago my brother told me, his name is Jerry Stiller.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005467/
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:44 am

Yeah i found it out a couple of years ago when i re-watched Zoolander and noticed his name in the credits was Stiller.

I had watched King Of Queens for a good year or 2 without connecting the dots.
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

F I L M S here lol - Page 2 Empty The Express

Post  dizzy dustin Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Actually watched The Express last night. Good flic. Its about the first African American to win the Heisman Trophy. It's about time someone put the light on Ernie Davis.

F I L M S here lol - Page 2 ErnieDavis1stBlackHeisman
dizzy dustin
dizzy dustin

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:17 am

anything new to report.

i just watched district 9, and loved it

watched a cheap indie movie called primer, i think, although the idea of the story is good, it seriously needs a big screen remake cuz it confuses itself with bad acting and too much dialoge and boring talking scenes

for family movies see - up was great and so was ice age 3.

anyone checked tarrentino's new one? i havent yet but will soon,

looking forward to sherlock holmes and wolfman
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum