Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F I L M S here lol

+13
deathofhifi
JRS_One
Jam
Lindy
BiG Al
obie
Mampers84
gary barry gordon
turntablist
martymcfly
djp
dizzy dustin
pipehitterz
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

F I L M S here lol - Page 3 Empty Re: F I L M S here lol

Post  pipehitterz Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:24 am

pipehitterz wrote:
obie wrote:
pipehitterz wrote:
Jam wrote:
JRS_One wrote:ahh Watchmen was sooo dope. Loved the graphic novel, film was a great adaptation.

Hell, I want whatever you took before seeing it, cos seeing it straight was only slightly more enjoyable than being repeatedly kicked in the stones for 2 hours!

i really wanna watch this one cuz ive seen so many i love/hate it arguements, it compairs to the donnie darko arguement

ah come on now pipez, don't start that again...

proof that we're old skool UD forum heads right there lol, that arguement was years ago lol

heres my spin on watchmen, watched it and thought, what?
then watched the extended version and loved it!!!

i dont think i 'got it' the first time around, perhaps i was thinking too much about super hero movies, and the fact that theyre all tongue in cheek, but this one is a serious super hero film, although, other than the ability to be fooking hard as fook, they werent that super.

i did understand that they were vigilanties back in the day, but i couldnt really understand thier power, they were too 'hard' i think? i dunno? it was my only head scratcher? except for the blue dude, he actually had powers.
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:28 am

turntablist wrote:
pipehitterz wrote:where the freak did you see that then? it only got a cassification today and wont be in cinemas till july???

Haha I meant I'd watched the trailer! Laughing

i loved the film by the way, it was very wrong, i think i liked it better than borat, although i prefer the borat character, on the whole, i just love baron cohens work
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  dizzy dustin Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:50 am

Just saw 5 fingers on dvd.. Pretty good flick!
dizzy dustin
dizzy dustin

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:58 pm

pipehitterz wrote:
turntablist wrote:
pipehitterz wrote:where the freak did you see that then? it only got a cassification today and wont be in cinemas till july???

Haha I meant I'd watched the trailer! Laughing

i loved the film by the way, it was very wrong, i think i liked it better than borat, although i prefer the borat character, on the whole, i just love baron cohens work

Haha yeah, there were many classic scenes and a lot of cringe worthy moments. Laughing Laughing
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:39 pm

just watchin valkyrie, excellent
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:35 pm

just watched district 9 for the second time

its a future classic
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:25 am

recent films

up - lovely
moon - very good
hurt locker - okay, propagander movie tho

gonna watch paranormal activity later
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  dizzy dustin Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:24 am

Just watched Year One. I want my hour and 30 minutes back. Im a fan of Jack Black but c'mon really? Maybe I wasnt high enough or maybe I should of been sober?
dizzy dustin
dizzy dustin

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:30 am

dizzy dustin wrote:Just watched Year One. I want my hour and 30 minutes back. Im a fan of Jack Black but c'mon really? Maybe I wasnt high enough or maybe I should of been sober?

that film is just plain bad Sad

watchd 9 which was good and
transformers 2 which was a mess
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  deathofhifi Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:32 pm

I just watched Fanboys, I know it wasn't very well received but I thought it was pretty funny esp the cameos like Billy Dee and THE SHATNER!
deathofhifi
deathofhifi

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:00 pm

deathofhifi wrote:I just watched Fanboys, I know it wasn't very well received but I thought it was pretty funny esp the cameos like Billy Dee and THE SHATNER!

ace movie, seth rogan rocked his cameo big time
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:36 pm

watched Funny People a couple of weeks ago, was pretty good.

Also watched The Invention of Lying which as an atheist and a huge Ricky Gervais fan I found brilliant.

Also watched The Mist (about 2 years too late) which I thought was great, I loved the ending.

Can't wait to see Shane Meadows new film Le Donk & Scor-zay-zee. Sounds brilliant, and I always liked scorzayzee as a rapper and I think Paddy Considine is an amazing actor. The whole film sounds like a laugh.
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:01 am

JRS_One wrote:watched Funny People a couple of weeks ago, was pretty good.

Also watched The Invention of Lying which as an atheist and a huge Ricky Gervais fan I found brilliant.

Also watched The Mist (about 2 years too late) which I thought was great, I loved the ending.

Can't wait to see Shane Meadows new film Le Donk & Scor-zay-zee. Sounds brilliant, and I always liked scorzayzee as a rapper and I think Paddy Considine is an amazing actor. The whole film sounds like a laugh.

hey you be looking at my wish list.

imo you gotta, by default, love adam sandler and seth rogan

the mist was a modern classic, everyone ive reckomended it to loved it, its such a good movie, and ricky gervais's first movie ghost town suprised the hell outa me, really good, definately looking forward to this one.

p.s shane meadow is a god lol , im not sure what capacity the le donk film will be released as, as it was a side project, i hope we do get to se it cuz ive read its very funny, and the music is phat, added to that paddy and shane, it sounds genius
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  factory jackson Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:18 am

Not managed to get to see any new releases (working on Weds ruins Orange Wednesdays!)

Would deffo recommend Let the right one in, make sure its the original with subtitles and not dubbed though! Really different take on a vampire flic - more about a relationship between to kids. Beautifully shot too.

Been getting back into the Studio Ghibli animated films recently, check them out.

Will be seeing Le Donk & Scor-zay-zee but said that about a few films recently and completely missed them!

factory jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:37 am

factory jackson wrote:

Would deffo recommend Let the right one in, make sure its the original with subtitles and not dubbed though! Really different take on a vampire flic - more about a relationship between to kids. Beautifully shot too.
!

got it but not watched it yet, i hear its a purists film fan film, and not your usual cinema fan film?
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jam Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:06 pm

Just scored some freebie pre-screening tickets for Harry Brown (Michael Caine's new flick) on Monday.

Check out http://www.seefilmfirst.com/ and register, then they'll send you invites to apply for freebies when they're available.

Smile
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:31 am

Jam wrote:Just scored some freebie pre-screening tickets for Harry Brown (Michael Caine's new flick) on Monday.

Check out http://www.seefilmfirst.com/ and register, then they'll send you invites to apply for freebies when they're available.

Smile

great find jam, i wanna see this, and i freak love the nea plan b + chas n status track that goes with the film
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jam Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Crikey, Harry Brown wasn't exactly an easy movie to sit through. Most emotion I've ever felt from a movie in a long long time. See it, but only if you have a strong constitution!
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post  Pidge Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:14 am

Crikey, Fantastic Mr Fox wasn't exactly an easy movie to sit through. Most emotion I've ever felt from a movie in a long long time. See it, but only if you have a strong constitution!

Seriously though, best kids film I seen in years.
Pidge
Pidge

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Jam wrote:Crikey, Harry Brown wasn't exactly an easy movie to sit through. Most emotion I've ever felt from a movie in a long long time. See it, but only if you have a strong constitution!

good or not?
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jam Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:42 pm

pipehitterz wrote:
Jam wrote:Crikey, Harry Brown wasn't exactly an easy movie to sit through. Most emotion I've ever felt from a movie in a long long time. See it, but only if you have a strong constitution!

good or not?

Yeah, but it's not 'entertaining' if you know what I mean?
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermil Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:42 pm

Couple of films I've seen recently for the first time. Notorious, enjoyed it but nothing special. Coraline, was ok but a bit slow. Second Hand Lions, excellent. In The Loop, fantastic with some of the most brutal language and put downs ever. Crank 2, mental and way over the top but very enjoyable. I'm sure there are more but can't think what at the minute.
mistermil
mistermil

Back to top Go down

Post  Coagulated Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:38 am

REC - A good Spanish zombie-esque horror, it had an English remake recently called Quarantine. The remake is nothing special, it's almost a carbon copy, but some of it looks a lot better, more polished - but at the same time it loses the amateur feel the original had.

La Antenna is one of my favourite films. It's a very odd Argentinian visual master piece, all done in Black & White, I wouldn't mind seeing an English remake... or shit, just the Spanish subtitles reworked to English. I know that sounds odd, but it uses Spanish subtitles that interact with the characters on screen as the plot involves everyones voices being stolen!

Just the other day I managed to watch Dewey Cox: Walk Hard, it's quite a good parody of Biopic's such as Walk The Line (drawing most, but not all of it's structure from that film). John C. Reilly plays the part well and the scene with the miscast Beatles is hilarious.

Has anyone seen Rufus Sewell's film Vinyan? I think he's an incredible actor, Dark City is one of my favourite films, but Vinyan is this weird "lost-child-post-Tsunami-with-odd-savage-tribal-kids" type film, I'm really not sure what to make of it.

Coagulated

Back to top Go down

Post  Pidge Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:54 am

Not sure if these have already been discussed (I'm not reading back through all that ^) but I watched Funny People last week and absolutely loved it. Also Up is possibly the best kids film I've seen in years.
Pidge
Pidge

Back to top Go down

Post  Coagulated Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:19 am

The Boy Pidge wrote:Not sure if these have already been discussed (I'm not reading back through all that ^) but I watched Funny People last week and absolutely loved it. Also Up is possibly the best kids film I've seen in years.

I never really got "into" Up when I watched it. I may need to give it another watch. Coraline was good though, reminded me of Terry Gilliam's Tideland , as for Funny People I'm still yet to see it.

Coagulated

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum