Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UD on Spotify

3 posters

Go down

UD on Spotify Empty UD on Spotify

Post  Blondegal Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:44 pm

Don't know if you've heard of Spotify yet, but it's so so so cool, and so so legal.

http://www.spotify.com/en/

It's basically like Windows Media player vs a radio...... one that you are in control of. It has the very occasional advert (a music related one usually) for about 10 seconds, every 20 songs or something.

You can search for any song or band you like (most are uploaded, but the rare few are not).

In UD's case, it doesn't have every album yet, but it's got Journey and Bang for the Buck and a few singles.

You download a programme (which in my case took seconds) and you have to register and.... it's so so easy to use. It used to be invite only, and I'm not sure if it's available Stateside yet....

I'm loving it! Has anyone else got it?
Blondegal
Blondegal

Back to top Go down

UD on Spotify Empty Re: UD on Spotify

Post  turntablist Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Blondegal wrote:Don't know if you've heard of Spotify yet, but it's so so so cool, and so so legal.

http://www.spotify.com/en/

It's basically like Windows Media player vs a radio...... one that you are in control of. It has the very occasional advert (a music related one usually) for about 10 seconds, every 20 songs or something.

You can search for any song or band you like (most are uploaded, but the rare few are not).

In UD's case, it doesn't have every album yet, but it's got Journey and Bang for the Buck and a few singles.

You download a programme (which in my case took seconds) and you have to register and.... it's so so easy to use. It used to be invite only, and I'm not sure if it's available Stateside yet....

I'm loving it! Has anyone else got it?

Yeah a friend recommended it to me last month. Apparently though now that it's becoming more popular they might start curbing it because at the moment it's only every 30 mins there's an advert. I believe they're going to start increasing it now Sad
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:59 pm

I used to use a site called Pandora which was dope, don't know if its still around.

You typed in a band you liked and it created a playlist from the type of music you like. Would play some really underground stuff i'd never heard before, pretty cool for finding new bands.
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:12 pm

JRS_One wrote:I used to use a site called Pandora which was dope, don't know if its still around.

You typed in a band you liked and it created a playlist from the type of music you like. Would play some really underground stuff i'd never heard before, pretty cool for finding new bands.

Sounds very much like last fm. You should defnitely try out Spotify Jrs.
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum