Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what we get up to in our spare time

+8
BiG Al
johnny bluff
martymcfly
obie
Blondegal
dizzy dustin
turntablist
pipehitterz
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what we get up to in our spare time Empty what we get up to in our spare time

Post  pipehitterz Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:00 pm

fug the day job, whats your after school activities?

mine? tattoo astist extraudinaire

what we get up to in our spare time Medusa

this is where im at right now
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

what we get up to in our spare time Empty Re: what we get up to in our spare time

Post  turntablist Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:07 am

I have to admit, mine is mostly music centred. Buying records is my main vice and seems to soak up all of my money Smile and I also like watching weird kung fu films, I used to DJ in Bristol for a while but when I moved up to Macclesfield I couldn't take all my stuff up here so it's on hold until next year when I return back down there.

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

what we get up to in our spare time Empty Re: what we get up to in our spare time

Post  dizzy dustin Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:31 pm

What is spare time? LOL
dizzy dustin
dizzy dustin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blondegal Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Photography (the main vice)
Music (listening to it, whilst doing my photography!)
Literature (I am always reading at least one book)
Film (love my films - in fact it's the one thing that I actually use my film degree for, all those years at uni were well spent)
Art (making album covers, digital graf)
Creative Writing (writing poetry, views on life, lyrics, short stories)
Blondegal
Blondegal

Back to top Go down

Post  obie Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:34 pm

I write! Many things, but for proof I'm not just running the "oh, I'm working on a novel in my spare time" line, you can see the odd example of my stuff here...

http://mobargazette.blogspot.com/

UK/Ireland Editor, what a lofty title.
obie
obie

Back to top Go down

Post  martymcfly Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:14 pm

MTBing love it!!
martymcfly
martymcfly

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny bluff Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:51 pm

Getting tatted by my brother pipes...the half sleeve is commin on a treat mate...
Also gonna jump back onto the old skool bmx..loads of older heads gettin the bikes they never had...
still blazin the hip hop as much as i can....

peace all...

johnny bluff....
and you cant beat that with a stickball bat...
johnny bluff
johnny bluff

Back to top Go down

Post  BiG Al Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:33 am

Photography and cooking for me......but music is a backround for both.

Check out my photography gallery!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/theymademedoit
BiG Al
BiG Al

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:45 am

Those are some excellent shots Al. I've just bought myself a Fujifilm S9500 to get myself started.

what we get up to in our spare time Fuji_s9500

I'm heading off to Poland on the 2nd of May so I wanted to take some great pictures whilst I go record digging.
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  BiG Al Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:50 am

Cheers for looking turntablist!
Its become a little more than a hobbie as I have managed to sell probs about 30-40 pics now.
That Camera should do you well, I use a Nikon SLR myself and have a few nice filters for it.

P.S if anyone likes any of those pics they are all for sale and are at a very realistic price.
Email me if interested - northernmonkeyz@gmail.com
BiG Al
BiG Al

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:55 am

BiG Al wrote:Cheers for looking turntablist!
Its become a little more than a hobbie as I have managed to sell probs about 30-40 pics now.
P.S if anyone likes any of those pics they are all for sale and are at a very realistic price.
Email me if interested - northernmonkeyz@gmail.com

I checked out the site where you sell them, they are a fantastic price. The picture I really love is the one of Clifton suspension bridge in the snow, that looks simply incredible!

Have you tried HDR imaging? and the other thing I really like are Gigapixel images:

Gigapixel Images

Why have megapixels when you can have gigapixels??? only slight problem with them are the size, roughly 6gb per image Very Happy
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  BiG Al Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:17 am

I don’t actually sell them on there....well I do but I make fack all on em....I sold a large framed print of the Clifton Bridge one the other day on there....they sold it for £90 and I got £12....LOL
I sell prints privately and they are £15 for an A4 and £20-£25 for A3 (pro printer lab used).
That’s mental…..my pics are only about 10mb and I shoot in RAW.

I have done quite a few HDR and you can get a bit carried away with it so I try not to...but some pics just scream out for it!
Any chance of seeing your pics?
Al
BiG Al
BiG Al

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:56 am

Oh I only bought it this week lol Wink though I've been following HDR and gigapan for a couple of months, that combined with Poland made me choose a better camera. Hopefully I'll have some nice photos soon definitely after the holiday though.

That is shocking about that site, I can't believe you only get £12 out of that!!
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  obie Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:06 pm

That gigapixel stuff is pretty nuts alright.

As are Al's profit margins, that's a criminal rip off! How do they justify taking such a massive cut off you? Awesome shots by the way.
obie
obie

Back to top Go down

Post  BiG Al Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:08 pm

obie wrote:That gigapixel stuff is pretty nuts alright.

As are Al's profit margins, that's a criminal rip off! How do they justify taking such a massive cut off you? Awesome shots by the way.

Cheers dude!
Yeah its a rip off....however I may as well make something!
BiG Al
BiG Al

Back to top Go down

Post  dizzy dustin Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:35 pm

BiG Al wrote:Photography and cooking for me......but music is a backround for both.

dude! i had no idea? u got mad skills behind the lense.. I need some pics for the house. how do i go about?
dizzy dustin
dizzy dustin

Back to top Go down

Post  BiG Al Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:37 pm

dizzy dustin wrote:
BiG Al wrote:Photography and cooking for me......but music is a backround for both.

dude! i had no idea? u got mad skills behind the lense.. I need some pics for the house. how do i go about?

Cheers mate....lemme know which ones you like and I will see what I can do!
BiG Al
BiG Al

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:38 am

lol at spammin , join my group.com

facebook page PIPEHITTERZ TATTOOZ COVENTRY come and join my group please, tell your friends
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:11 pm

At the moment it's restoring my Fender Rhodes as Jam would know.
Pictures

To think it all started from the Brazilian Travelogue. Shocked
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  The Maestro X Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:06 am

Comics

yep, thats about it.

oh, and Archery. I just took that up, having a ball even though I suck. See how I go in a month or two.
The Maestro X
The Maestro X

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:14 pm

just thought i'd show you what i got upto tonight,

my first portrait

what we get up to in our spare time Photo-0104
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Is that Harry Potter? Wink

Incredible stuff, I like it Pipez. What got you into it in the beginning? were you just an artist?

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:08 pm

turntablist wrote:Is that Harry Potter? Wink

Incredible stuff, I like it Pipez. What got you into it in the beginning? were you just an artist?

T

ive always been able to draw to a degree, i wouldnt say im the best drawer in the world, but i have been designing tattoos for nearly 18 years, and only tattooing for less than 3 years, coupled with at least 25 hours in the chair on my own body
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny bluff Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:41 pm

god,i love bmx....anyone out there got any old skool rides just sittin there in the shed they dont want....i would gladly restore....

j
johnny bluff
johnny bluff

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:44 pm

the thing about gigapixels is that yes...it's useful if you're doing a mural print, but we don't really have printers with the capacity to utilize all the data YET, so...

also Al, huge fan of your work. I do a lot of photography myself, have for years, but its taken a back-burner as of late in lieu of my engineering schooling. However, I have been forcibly commissioned to do two weddings this summer, which is not usually my thing...but it's family/close friends. Like they say...portraiture will always pay the bills i guess.

I'm with Dizzy on the spare time thing...haha. When I have more of it, I spend a lot of time working on various art projects...i love to build sculptures from clay and metal, i recently sewed an apron, made some meatshake aprons (with permission, of course and the help of y.e.), i knit a lot...build things (built some shop tables with my brother for each of our garages), minor electrical work...i don't know, i guess fixing and making things revs my engine?

Last edited by Lindy on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause i'm special and can't get the damn photo to show up.)
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next