Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Hip Hop Acts Lives Would Make Great Films??

5 posters

Go down

What Hip Hop Acts Lives Would Make Great Films?? Empty What Hip Hop Acts Lives Would Make Great Films??

Post  JRS_One Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:19 pm

I heard recentally that Shia LeBeouff from India Jones and Transformers is a big Cage fan and friend(he directed and starred in his last video) and would love to get a film made about Cages life.

Now if anyone knows anything about Cage, this would be a great idea. His life seems pretty interesting, just read the Early Life part at wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cage_(hip_hop_artist)

Other Hip Hop artists who would make great films??

Im gonna go with RA The Rugged Man. He had a pretty freak up life, kinda like cages, his dad got infected with Agent Orange in Nam, his brother died cause of it, he was blackballed in the industry cause of his antics, releasing the infamous song Every Record Label Sucks D*ck. And just in general seems to be a pretty interesting character.

Wu-Tang Clan would be pretty epic too.
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

What Hip Hop Acts Lives Would Make Great Films?? Empty Re: What Hip Hop Acts Lives Would Make Great Films??

Post  Pidge Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Got to be Blade for me. Started out int eh 80s playing his tracks to people in the street on his walkman then trying to sell his records to them out of the back of his car. Had a pretty messed up career - attempts on his life, had his family threatened - remortgaged his house to fund his own record only to have the distributor go bust. Still managed to make some of the most respected UK hiphop records of all time.
Pidge
Pidge

Back to top Go down

What Hip Hop Acts Lives Would Make Great Films?? Empty Re: What Hip Hop Acts Lives Would Make Great Films??

Post  turntablist Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:26 am

Slick Rick has had a pretty eventful life:

"Originally from South Wimbledon, London, England, he moved with his family to The Bronx in 1975 where he met Dana Dane, later forming a hip hop duo as Kangol Crew.[1] Rick's characteristic eyepatch was acquired after being blinded in the right eye by broken glass as an infant. He is best known for a series of rap recordings during the 1980s, including "Hey Young World", "Children's Story" and "La Di Da Di", B-side of Doug E. Fresh single "The Show" (1985). Once he gained a degree of wealth, he earned a reputation for wearing an enormous amount of gold and diamond jewelry, including many large necklaces with giant pendants, bracelets, huge rings on each finger, and a gold tooth.
In 1990, Slick Rick shot a bystander and his cousin whom he had hired as a bodyguard and who later admitted to having Walters shot outside a club. Slick Rick was indicted on two counts of attempted murder and pled guilty to all charges which also included, assault, use of a firearm, and criminal possession of a weapon. Russell Simmons, head of Def Jam records, bailed him out and Rick quickly recorded The Ruler's Back before spending five years in prison, two for the second degree attempted murder charges he received for that shooting, and three while hassling with Immigrations Services over his residency in the US. In the documentary film, The Show, Russell Simmons interviews Rick while he was a prisoner on Rikers Island."

I wouldn't mind seeing that.

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  dizzy dustin Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:01 pm

Gotta say KRS1. Even though he gets under my skin with all his ego and I'm tyhe god of hip hop ish. Also would like 2 see a film on Steady B. Would like 2 c how the bank robbery went down?
dizzy dustin
dizzy dustin

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:46 pm

dizzy dustin wrote:Gotta say KRS1. Even though he gets under my skin with all his ego and I'm tyhe god of hip hop ish. Also would like 2 see a film on Steady B. Would like 2 c how the bank robbery went down?

Couple of good ones.

KRS One, i completely agree with, sometimes i just get so annoyed with his interviews, seems stuck up his own ass, then sometimes he comes across as everything i want in a hip hop ambassador. Would probably make a pretty good film.
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny bluff Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:48 pm

I Gotta agree with dizz...i was never sure what went down with the steady b/cool c thing...that would be a dope film...maybe also masta aces life story would be dope...i mean..hes been there,done that...

peace

john to the bluff.....

and you cant beat that with a stickball bat...........
johnny bluff
johnny bluff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down