Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular

5 posters

Go down

Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular Empty Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular

Post  Admin Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:20 am

just wanted to give a quick review of the Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular, which was in Long Beach this weekend. i would definitely give it a thumbs. obviously the music is 90% of what's so great about it but the lasers and everything were pretty cool as well. they give you these 3D type glasses that give everything a kind of kaleidoscope effect.

it was longer than i expected, running about 2 hours with a 10 minute intermission. the first part was Dark Side of the Moon in it's entirety, the second was mostly songs from The Wall. their website, www.laserspectacular.com, doesn't have any tour dates after next weekend but if you hear about this show coming to your town you should definitely check it out. tickets were $25 a piece.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular Empty Re: Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular

Post  turntablist Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:54 am

I remember reading that in the first Alien film when John Hurt is lowered into the egg room, all the eggs are covered by a smokey cover with a green lasered film. It turns out they borrowed the lasers from Pink Floyd's show.

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  gary barry gordon Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:42 am

That show was in Oz not so long ago (if it is indeed the same show). I was considering going, but I decided against it.

I went to see the Floyd themselves on Sunday, Feb 28, 1988. I figured I paid to see the real deal then, and they want me to pay to see the "fakes" now. I'd rather leave the memory of the real Floyd in my small brain. Another important factor was I couldn't afford it.

That said, I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the show.
gary barry gordon
gary barry gordon

Back to top Go down

Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular Empty on the subject of Floyd

Post  Admin Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:22 am

There's another touring group called The Australian Pink Floyd Show that is more of a cover band. I wonder if maybe that isn't the one you heard about. There's also The Pink Floyd Experience which tours mostly in the States. I hear what you're saying (I saw them live at the Rose Bowl in 1994) but the thing I went to was actually pretty cool.

I guess people are just such big fans that they'll go see anything that resembles a Floyd show and has their music. I figured I already listen to Dark Side about twice a month, why not go check out some lasers at the same time.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dizzy dustin Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:59 pm

use to have it at the Griffith park observatory every Friday. A couple tabs of acid and some OJ.. good times
dizzy dustin
dizzy dustin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pidge Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:28 am

Go easy on the OJ, mate. You can have flashbacks even years later. Messes with mans head mate, that stuff.
Pidge
Pidge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum