Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lupe Fiasco mixtape anyone...?

+2
WOTM_BREAKS
gary barry gordon
6 posters

Go down

Lupe Fiasco mixtape anyone...? Empty Lupe Fiasco mixtape anyone...?

Post  gary barry gordon Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:31 pm

Well... it's free, so why not, eh?

http://www.mediafire.com/?yg3z20wy2mf
gary barry gordon
gary barry gordon

Back to top Go down

Lupe Fiasco mixtape anyone...? Empty Re: Lupe Fiasco mixtape anyone...?

Post  WOTM_BREAKS Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:37 pm

Nice one GBG, I really like his stuff. I got all his other ones plus his albums. I thought "Food & Liquor" was a great album. Have you heard the mixtape/album where he completely blags up "The Gorillaz" album "Demon Days" and raps all over it, think its called "A Rhyming Ape".

Thanks again.
WOTM_BREAKS
WOTM_BREAKS

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:34 pm

Already got this and yes it's great, even though it only clocks in at 20mins.

I swear Lupes sh*t flys over most peoples heads. Some people only know him from kick, push and Superstar. But Food and Liquor and The Cool are both amazing albums. His mixtapes are amazing too.

Probably my fav MC at the minute.
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:44 pm

JRS_One wrote:Already got this and yes it's great, even though it only clocks in at 20mins.

I swear Lupes sh*t flys over most peoples heads. Some people only know him from kick, push and Superstar. But Food and Liquor and The Cool are both amazing albums. His mixtapes are amazing too.

personally i dont find him that great, half his stuff seems over produced yet weak sounding and commercial, he's in bed with jay-z, kanye, the neptunes etc, so is product of the very thing that is killing hip hop, i cant get excited im afraid
if you're really into him you should check out lushlife. he's from the same stable, but not as produced, he seems to have artistic control over what he does, without the influence of his paymasters, and appears to be the underground version of lupe
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:56 pm

pipehitterz wrote:
JRS_One wrote:Already got this and yes it's great, even though it only clocks in at 20mins.

personally i dont find him that great, half his stuff seems over produced yet weak sounding and commercial, he's in bed with jay-z, kanye, the neptunes etc, so is product of the very thing that is killing hip hop, i cant get excited im afraid
if you're really into him you should check out lushlife. he's from the same stable, but not as produced, he seems to have artistic control over what he does, without the influence of his paymasters, and appears to be the underground version of lupe

Well actually those Neptunes, Kanye etc produced tracks where probably the lesser tracks on his first album, songs like American Terrorist, He Say She Say, Hurt Me Soul are absolute gems. None off those people produced or appeared on his second album which was filled with artistic songs (Streets on Fire - about stds, Intruder Alert - about rape/illegal immigrants, Little Weapon - Child Soilders, Gotta Eat - comparing burger chains to thugs and drug dealers, Dumb it Down, etc)

Then factor in some of his songs from his mixtapes like Handcuffs (about police corruption), Switch (where he switches his flow everytime he says switch) and Conflict Diamonds and you've got someone who really can craft songs about subjects far better than most people in hip hop (including the underground)

Just listened to a couple off lushlifes songs on youtube, he sounds nice, but just like every other underground rapper really, I'd probably like his album. But he doesn't really sound anything like Lupe.

You really won't like this Mixtape though Pipez as he's rapping over far more commercial beats than he would use for his album.
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny bluff Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:45 am

Oh no....not again gents,another whats hip hop and whats not.....i bloody love it....hehehehehe.... cheers

johnny bluff....

and you cant beat that with a stickball bat.....
johnny bluff
johnny bluff

Back to top Go down

Post  gary barry gordon Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:08 pm

"All right stop collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly."

Now I ask you... Is there a better definition of a hip hop intro?

johnny bluff wrote:Oh no....not again gents,another whats hip hop and whats not.....i bloody love it....hehehehehe.... cheers

johnny bluff....

gary barry gordon
gary barry gordon

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:20 pm

gary barry gordon wrote:"All right stop collaborate and listen

johnny bluff wrote:Oh no....not again gents,another whats hip hop and whats not.....i bloody love it....hehehehehe.... cheers

johnny bluff....

theres only one - brothers and sisters, brothers and sisters, i dont know what this world is comin to
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  gary barry gordon Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:16 pm

pipehitterz wrote:
gary barry gordon wrote:"All right stop collaborate and listen

theres only one - brothers and sisters, brothers and sisters, i dont know what this world is comin to

(I wasn't being entirely serious)
gary barry gordon
gary barry gordon

Back to top Go down

Post  Coagulated Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:03 am

I enjoyed Food & Liquor, but The Cool? Nah, not for me. I didn't enjoy the sound or the overall feel to it. The lyrics weren't all bad, but I just didn't find the beat and the lyrics had the same flow as Food & Liquor, they seemed to be on opposite ends of the spectrum. In this case, opposites didn't attract.

Coagulated

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down