Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UD x Sklars

2 posters

Go down

UD x Sklars Empty UD x Sklars

Post  dereklipkin Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:53 am

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but how is it possible that UD hooked up with the Sklars Brothers?!

I kid you not. These are my two favorite content creators in any media. I have been a fan of the Sklars ever since "Cheap Seats" was on the air, and fans of UD way before that, when "Journey to Anywhere (With Piano Bar Intro)" was on a mixtape my friend gave me in high school.

It's way too amazing that the two came together. Unless this is addressed on the podcast, can you, Ugly Duckling, speak on how this meeting came to be?

I hope the Sklars rapped.

Much love!
dereklipkin
dereklipkin

Back to top Go down

UD x Sklars Empty Re: UD x Sklars

Post  Admin Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:36 pm

What's up Derek. I'm pretty sure they do answer your question in the interview but here it is anyway. The Sklars said they were first introduced to UD by comedian Nick Swardson (a very funny guy himself who I will probably always think of as the stalker from the movie Blades of Glory.)

Apparently Swardson took them to a UD show back in the day and they've been fans ever since. Andy said he has run into the Sklars around town a couple times and, like the rest of us, loved their stuff so when they started doing the podcast it just worked out for the two groups to hook up.

If you haven't already you should definitely give the podcast a listen. It's really funny and yes, the Sklars do freestyle. Here's a link for anyone who may have missed it...

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/sbc-49/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dereklipkin Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Word! I will definitely listen soon. If "Breakneck" has an album release party, have the Sklars host, and get PUTS to do a guest set, too. It would be crazy live.

Thanks for the reply!
dereklipkin
dereklipkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum