Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DJ Shadow - Back From The Dead?

3 posters

Go down

DJ Shadow - Back From The Dead? Empty DJ Shadow - Back From The Dead?

Post  Pidge Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:25 pm

DJ Shadow has revealed that he is "half-way done" on finishing his new album.

The follow-up to 2006's 'The Outsider', the as-yet untitled album will see "a slight return" to the producer/DJ's earlier work.

"I'm about half-way done and I will be sharing music in the next few months," DJ Shadow told broadcaster Zane Lowe. "With this record, I really want to make music I'm at peace with. If I say it's a slight return, I only mean in the sense that I had a thread going with some of the records I was doing, so lets get back to that and see where that thread would be."

He added: "I do consider it a return to form, but I hope there is nothing on it that sounds like anything I've done before, it's just an aesthetic that returns."
Pidge
Pidge

Back to top Go down

DJ Shadow - Back From The Dead? Empty Re: DJ Shadow - Back From The Dead?

Post  turntablist Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Hmm I'll be cautious over this next album. I'd be happy to see a return to the stuff he's done previously. But his last attempt Evil or Very Mad

Another album I'm looking forward to (although I've got a while) is DJ Format's, I can't wait!
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  gary barry gordon Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:08 pm

So if Shadow concedes that it's a 'return to form', is that him admitting that recently he's done shite?

I think as well as being an awesome DJ, he's just as much a marketing genius. I mean the whole DJ Hero thing couldn't have done him a disservice, getting his name on all the kids consoles etc.

I'm the kind of person who would buy the CD to see if I like it; if I like it, I'll listen to it, if not it'll go into the collection and gather dust.
gary barry gordon
gary barry gordon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down