Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's no Family Guy, but...

+2
turntablist
Pidge
6 posters

Go down

It's no Family Guy, but... Empty It's no Family Guy, but...

Post  Pidge Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:22 pm

I love the Cleveland Show!
Pidge
Pidge

Back to top Go down

It's no Family Guy, but... Empty Re: It's no Family Guy, but...

Post  turntablist Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Haha Cleveland Junior is brilliant, not so keen on Rallo though he just irritates me.

I've actually just finished the series, let's see if they continue it.

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  Pidge Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Yeah they will. American Dad got more than one series for goodness sake!
Pidge
Pidge

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindy Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:21 am

good point...i don't understand the appeal of american dad...
Lindy
Lindy

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:12 pm

I think american dad has overtook family guy in the laughter stakes.

I'm a big family guy fan but they have started to become abit stale.
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

Post  gary barry gordon Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:31 pm

It was inevitable. A show like that is always bound to have it's day. Like South Park; the first 2 seasons were great for shock value, after that it just wasn't funny (there's only so many times poking fun at a 'disadvantaged' group is shocking/funny).

American Dad, I think, is trying to cash in on The Simpsons ideology of having the main character a 'regular' naive American Joe.

Anyway, that's what I reckon.

JRS_One wrote:I think american dad has overtook family guy in the laughter stakes.

I'm a big family guy fan but they have started to become abit stale.
gary barry gordon
gary barry gordon

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:10 am

gary barry gordon wrote:It was inevitable. A show like that is always bound to have it's day. Like South Park; the first 2 seasons were great for shock value, after that it just wasn't funny (there's only so many times poking fun at a 'disadvantaged' group is shocking/funny).

American Dad, I think, is trying to cash in on The Simpsons ideology of having the main character a 'regular' naive American Joe.

Anyway, that's what I reckon.

I ain't the biggest South Park fan, I thought it fell off as well, but from time to time my friend makes me watch an episode or 2, and when they are attacking something they can honestly be incredibly funny and smart, well hid behind dirty jokes. The Scientology episode, the PETA one, the one where they attack Family Guy. Overall I haven't really started to get back into it, but its def got its moments.

And American Dad is very different to the simpsons, Homer is an harmless average joe who most people can relate too. Stan is ultra-conservative, and is a complete piss take off the bush supporters who can't even think of the world outside of America and see any criticism of the government as unpatriotic. Basically most watchers of American Dad don't really relate to stan, they just laugh at him.
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

Post  Coagulated Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:52 am

I'm really impressed with The Cleveland Show. I never really cared for Family Guy that much, I found it a bit too repetitive and I don't like their signature gags. However, I love American Dad, I much prefer the structure to Family Guy and the humour just seems to be of a better quality to Family Guy. As for The Cleveland Show, it seems to have taken some of the good points Family Guy had and mixed them with American Dad's structure and humour.

Coagulated

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum