Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your username

+7
Geeiscool
JRS_One
pipehitterz
Pidge
obie
Jam
gary barry gordon
11 posters

Go down

Your username Empty Your username

Post  gary barry gordon Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:30 pm

What does your username mean to you?

My middle name's Gordon and Lise (my wife) has very rarely called me by my given name. She went through a stage of calling me Gordon. One night after a bevvy (or 2) "Gordon," seemed to come out as "Gary." Then it got lengthened to Gary Barry Gordon.

Now even my friends call me Gary. Apparently I respond to Gary more than I do to Hen. Go figure.
gary barry gordon
gary barry gordon

Back to top Go down

Your username Empty Re: Your username

Post  Jam Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:47 pm

My Sunday name is James, and people always used to call me Jammy. Nowadays, it gets shortened to Jam. In ten years I'll just be J, then ten years from then, I'll be some sort of symbol!
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post  obie Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:57 am

My actual name is Owen, which has become many things over the years. I'm not even a massive Star Wars head, somebody just started calling me obie. It stuck with a few people, and then an ex-gf (wasn't ex at the time!) got me personalised plates that were OBIE-01. That car is long gone, yet the name has stuck.
obie
obie

Back to top Go down

Post  Pidge Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:13 am

The true origins of my name are lost in the mists of time, but rumour has it I once danced like a pigeon in a moshpit. My mate started calling me Pigeon from then on. It took some persistence on his part, but eventually it caught on.

It was changed from Pigeon to Pidgeon some time in the late 90s when I was registering for the forum of some hiphop group from the LBC and my first choice name was taken. It was abbreviated to Pidge over the years. I added "The Boy" on this forum because my first attempt to register as "Pidge" went wrong.
Pidge
Pidge

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWOn1dFmFds
got it right there in 93
now i adtually get called pipes by alot of my friends in everyday life
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:52 pm

I just straight jacked KRS One, which for non-hip hop heads abbreviates Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone. But my names Jonny, hence The J instead of K.
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

Post  Pidge Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Jonny Reigns Supreme Over No-One. End of.
Pidge
Pidge

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:16 pm

The Boy Pidge wrote:Jonny Reigns Supreme Over No-One. End of.

he was married to one of the beetles??
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  Geeiscool Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:03 am

my name speaks for itself Cool
Geeiscool
Geeiscool

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny bluff Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:41 pm

The name johnny bluff goes way,way back...when i used to do graff and ride bmx bikes 24/7...some dude who used to dj drum and bass(doc scott) just one day turn to me and said...well hello its pc johnny bluff from 666 lets be avenue....thanks dude...

the names stuck...

and i love it...

j
johnny bluff
johnny bluff

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:57 am

johnny bluff wrote:The name johnny bluff goes way,way back...when i used to do graff and ride bmx bikes 24/7...some dude who used to dj drum and bass(doc scott) just one day turn to me and said...well hello its pc johnny bluff from 666 lets be avenue....thanks dude...

You know I was surprised when I found you on Facebook to find out that your name wasn't Johnny! Laughing Laughing

I think the first forum I used to go on was Scratch (the movie with Q-bert, MixMaster Mike etc), basically just finding out what stuff had been used in the movie, as I was majorly into scratching at that point I used DJ Babu's term "turntablist" and it's stuck pretty much since, nowadays I only keep the term because everyone on the forum knows me from it, I need to get back on to the turntables and get some practice back in.

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny bluff Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Well my middle names john so ill use that one instead...hehehehe...

j
johnny bluff
johnny bluff

Back to top Go down

Post  Insight Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:37 am

Insight, as i have alwase been the one to come to for advice, knowlege, questions to my peers and such.
I also use this as my emcee name, spittin geverything from, acid style lingo, to street style slang..
..many styles inside insight!

Insight

Back to top Go down

Post  dereklipkin Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Stole my name from a famous rapper. You all are probably familiar already, so I won't bore you with the details. He's in lock-up now, and I reap all the record deals and endorsements.

What a name!
dereklipkin
dereklipkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down