Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm audacious!!

2 posters

Go down

I'm audacious!! Empty I'm audacious!!

Post  gary barry gordon Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:57 pm

I went to JB Hifi yesterday and went to my usual artist sections for anything I might not have (J5, Pink Floyd, Xavier Rudd, Ben Harper, DJ Shadow, Gorillaz, Cut Chemist etc).

Then I saw it and I nearly soiled myself (I said NEARLY). Yes, that's right... Audacity has landed in the general public!!

I brought it back to work & put it on to play on my computer machine. Of course it played the first track, then shat itself. The bloody thing's a stable as Kanye West.

Anyway, the first track sounded great! I just wanted to gloat.

YAY FOR YUDEE!! YAY FOR ME!!
gary barry gordon
gary barry gordon

Back to top Go down

I'm audacious!! Empty Re: I'm audacious!!

Post  turntablist Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:01 am

Now that you've had a chance to listen to it Henry what do you think of the rest of the album?

What's you're favourite track?

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  gary barry gordon Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Well, I still haven't had a chance to sit down & study the album, but have had it on at work. There are two stand out tracks for me, being "I Won't Let It Die," & "Einstein Do It." I'm glad to say there weren't even any mediocre tracks that I noticed.

[RAMBLE WARNING]
Here's a story and a confession for you.

I actually enjoy Dizee Rascal very much, albeit in very small doses. I bought both their new albums at the same time.

Now, I'm not sure if you guys ever do this (and I hope you're not offended by this Diz), but UD are one of those bands [groups/posses/etc] who are not my first go-to CD's when I need a fix of music that is 'fresh,' per se. Yet every time I listen to them, I'm always suprised at how good they are.

I think a part of this suprise is due to them not being so commercially successful over here. When I say that I mean as in you'll hear them on 3RRR & 3PBS (the 2 best radio stations in the known universe) and even on 3JJJ (which is national 'youth' radio here), but never the commercial stations where you hear stuff like Robbie Williams or Kylie Minigue (which is in no way a bad thing!!!).

Anyway, with this subconcious expectation I listened to both Dizee Rascal & Audacity. Dizee, I really enjoyed quite a few of his tracks. Audacity I left to play on repeat several times over so that it wouldn't stop.

Kudos to you guys. Yudee are far from the opening act!!!!
[/RAMBLE]

I might even go & listen to the album again (after Badmotorfinger finishes, that is).

This is a big stamp of approval from a non-diehard hip-hop fan.

Hen - out.

PS. 3RRR & 3PBS both stream live on the internets, so it's worth checking out their program guide if you're interested. They both have all kinds of shows, from country, to jazz/fusion, to rap, to latin & everything in between. Also remeber they're both Melbourne based, which is GMT+10 hrs.

http://www.rrr.org.au/programs/program-guide/ & http://pbsfm.org.au/Documents.asp?ID=74&Title=Program+Pages
gary barry gordon
gary barry gordon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum