Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  johnny bluff on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:50 pm

Word up all....
Just thought id post a new topic on one of the most important thing in a b-boys wardrobe.

SNEEKERS.... Laughing

What i wanna know is....what are you fave all time sneeks,do you have many pairs..and would you go out of your way to find that pair that you once had..
Im now up to 31 pairs and my all time fave sneeker/trainer ws puma states..i love em...i still have a pair from 1987 in the box....allways lookin... Cool

Peace all...

johnny bluff....

and you cant beat that with a stickball bat.....

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  obie on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:21 pm

Always been really into Superstars, got a black NY City pair at the moment (all the boroughs graffed on the sole).



And Dunlop Volleys. $20 from K-Mart, they always have size 13s too. Even got my bro to bring me over a fresh pair when he visited a few months back!



Puma States are nice, I've had a load of them too. Basically, if I had a better paying job, a lot of my disposable income would be going on kicks.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  dizzy dustin on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:14 am

Adidas Shell Toes (old School)
Puma Suades (old School)
K Swiss (original)
Clarks Wallabees (Suade)
Creative Recreation (new school) check em out on our links page

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  turntablist on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:15 pm

Some good suggestions already, Bluff dude I didn't realise you had that many!

Well I've been known to rock Adidas Superstars x3, Puma Suedes, Pro Ked's can't remember what they were but check the front of Bangzilla by Mix master Mike and you'll see, and at the moment I'm wearing black adidas campus, with a white base and a red sole. Looks awesome!

But damn, those NYC superstars they look great might be tempted in getting a pair.

T

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  obie on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:55 pm

turntablist wrote:

But damn, those NYC superstars they look great might be tempted in getting a pair.

T

They look even cooler underneath!

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  93Pro on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:25 pm

I collect Fila F-16's got almost every pair apart from the sand colour...





DVS are dope too

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  johnny bluff on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:29 pm

I Do really like them....

mmmmmmm

might have to make a purchase......


johnny bluff...


and you cant beat that with a stickball bat.....

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  turntablist on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:23 am

I used to have a pair of these:


They always used to look badass.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  freshkest on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:33 am

KangaROOS! But, I haven't seen them make the style I used to wear and so I haven't purchased any in a while. I used to rock 'em for years though.

I also wore K-Swiss before they got all popular with their marketing. I wore them from '90 to '95.

Before '90 I wore Nike, Pro-Keds, Converse, and Pro-Joggs.

Since '95 I have bought 2 pairs of Pumas, and a pair of Pony's.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  deathofhifi on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Man, I have so many fav's its hard to choose.

I love the 88 - 90 era of kicks. Got some fine Ewing 33's, Adidas Attitude's and Nike Flight 90's even a pair of Troop Cobra II although the glue has perished and they are unwearable (btw I checked the inside of the sole when it cames apart and there is no KKK in there!) and I love the Puma Clydes although they are a reissue.

My fav has to be one of my Jordan III's or IV's. Probably the IV's in Red, White and Black.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  gary barry gordon on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:24 pm

My mum got me a pair of Dunlop KT Super. They were the same as the KT 26 (below), but had the practical, yet stylish convenience of velcro laces. Mum also gave me a bowl cut.

Yes, I have issues.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  deathofhifi on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:39 pm

Bowl cuts were standard issue in my house, infact given the chance my mum would probably try now.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  obie on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:04 am

gary barry gordon wrote:My mum got me a pair of Dunlop KT Super. They were the same as the KT 26 (below), but had the practical, yet stylish convenience of velcro laces. Mum also gave me a bowl cut.

Yes, I have issues.


K26s are the calling card of the bogan, along with Winnie Blues and mullets. Something you want to share, Henry?

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  gary barry gordon on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:52 pm

obie wrote:
gary barry gordon wrote:My mum got me a pair of Dunlop KT Super. They were the same as the KT 26 (below), but had the practical, yet stylish convenience of velcro laces. Mum also gave me a bowl cut.

Yes, I have issues.


K26s are the calling card of the bogan, along with Winnie Blues and mullets. Something you want to share, Henry?

Oh, sure! I suppose my denim jacket with the zip off sleeves make me a bogan, too... And the fact that when I started smoking it was Marlboro Red soft pack. Then I got cultured & progressed to Peter Jackson Super Mild, and finished (probably 11-12 years ago now) on Dunhill Blue.

But yes, I am a bogan in disguise.

Happy?

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  Jam on Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:33 pm

My Dad had a little 125cc Yamaha scrambler which he bought cheap, and used to ride to work. He decided to get something a little beefier (Yamaha Virago 1000cc Special for those who are interested) and asked me if I wanted it. I did, but I also wanted a pair of these new fangled Reebok Pumps all the cool kids were buying, so I offered to sell it for him and go halves on the proceeds.

So, I bought the Reeboks which lasted all of 3 months (because I wore them non-stop) for £60 which in 1990 would have bought you an aircraft carrier. To this day I have yet to buy a motorbike, and it's all Reeboks fault.

Favourite shoes ever are Nike Air Flight, and they lasted about 6 months, but I did take them off for bed.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  Freezie on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:57 am

turntablist wrote:I used to have a pair of these:


They always used to look badass.

I had the same, they were my favourite by far.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  obie on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:05 pm

gary barry gordon wrote:
obie wrote:
gary barry gordon wrote:My mum got me a pair of Dunlop KT Super. They were the same as the KT 26 (below), but had the practical, yet stylish convenience of velcro laces. Mum also gave me a bowl cut.

Yes, I have issues.


K26s are the calling card of the bogan, along with Winnie Blues and mullets. Something you want to share, Henry?

Oh, sure! I suppose my denim jacket with the zip off sleeves make me a bogan, too... And the fact that when I started smoking it was Marlboro Red soft pack. Then I got cultured & progressed to Peter Jackson Super Mild, and finished (probably 11-12 years ago now) on Dunhill Blue.

But yes, I am a bogan in disguise.

Happy?

It's okay, every antipodean has a bit of bogan running through their blood, even if they won't admit it.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneekers.whats you faves....old skool or new...?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum