R.I.P Micheal Jackson

View previous topic View next topic Go down

R.I.P Micheal Jackson

Post  JRS_One on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:56 am

Yep, i was on a forum last nite and people started posting everything as it happened was pretty surreal.

Im sure everyones heard everything about it already.

Never really sure what to think off Jacko as a person, was he guilty? was he just reliving a 2nd Childhood? But in the words of Dave Chappelle: "He made Thriller...................Thriller"

Bad was the first tape i ever had as a kid, my mum and dad must have hated me for the amount I would play that album, I used to try and impersonate him all the time, he was a major force in shaping my musical taste.

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Micheal Jackson

Post  turntablist on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:51 am

It's a shame, I think he probably was living a second childhood but of course it does look bad from the outside and anyone after the first court case could have been in it purely for the money so it's hard to say. But personal life aside his impression on the music world was truly incredible and probably not possible to beat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8120324.stm

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:16 am

His influence in hip hop is incredible!!

From the amount of punch lines (not disrespectful ones) and the amount of samples of his music.

So many classics hip hop songs come from jacko samples, including de la soul, nas, 2pac, murs, ll cool j.

Wait til I find that Rhymefest and Michael Jackson mixtape - Man In The Mirror, produced by Mark Ronson, all MJ tracks. Its a really good mixtape, i'll post a link.

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:19 am

Here you go, check it out:

megaupload.com MJCZMO2U

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top