Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ugly Duckling in Japanese Mixed Martial Arts?!?

4 posters

Go down

Ugly Duckling in Japanese Mixed Martial Arts?!? Empty Ugly Duckling in Japanese Mixed Martial Arts?!?

Post  jaytan Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Hey Guys, its ironic that the forum just went up, because I just had the most random UD sightings last night on TV.

Dunno who does / doesn't know what MMA is, but suffice to say "that UFC cagefighting thing," for the uninitiated. Like Andy, Dizzy, and Einstein, MMA is big in Japan, and I was watching a broadcast of "Dream 7: Featherweight Grand Prix" on HD-Net and lo and behold, I hear "Turn It Up" as the intro music.

Japanese MMA promotions are known for their pomp and circumstance grand openings at the beginning of each show, and this one was no different. But it was hella random to hear the UDs on, of all things, a Japanese fight show!!

Here's the link to the opening. Ironically enough, the video was disabled because, ahem, they apparently didn't have the copyright to use the song. Go figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa_j6GXYfRM

But if you guys get HD-Net on your cable / satellite dish, look for the "Heiwa Dream 7 Featherweight GP." Maybe it won't have been edited off replays.

PEACE TO THE UDS!!!
jaytan
jaytan

Back to top Go down

Ugly Duckling in Japanese Mixed Martial Arts?!? Empty Re: Ugly Duckling in Japanese Mixed Martial Arts?!?

Post  JRS_One Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:49 pm

Yeah i've heard UD pop up in some pretty random places, BBC3 must love them, heard quite a few of their songs on random shows with people talking about the 90's and stuff. (I think it was Shoot Your Shot)
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

Ugly Duckling in Japanese Mixed Martial Arts?!? Empty ?

Post  dizzy dustin Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:12 am

How come I dont know about this? LOL.. Thanks for the link. Better show up on my royalty statement?
dizzy dustin
dizzy dustin

Back to top Go down

Ugly Duckling in Japanese Mixed Martial Arts?!? Empty ??

Post  dizzy dustin Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:16 am

Just checked the link. Seems like the sound and music was taken of. Dont think it was authorized. It might be that our Japanese label or Publisher had something to do with it? I was just kidding about the royalty statement.. Free Pub, thats how I look at it..
dizzy dustin
dizzy dustin

Back to top Go down

Ugly Duckling in Japanese Mixed Martial Arts?!? Empty Re: Ugly Duckling in Japanese Mixed Martial Arts?!?

Post  Jam Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:42 pm

JRS_One wrote:Yeah i've heard UD pop up in some pretty random places, BBC3 must love them, heard quite a few of their songs on random shows with people talking about the 90's and stuff. (I think it was Shoot Your Shot)

Weird innit?

I think Johnny Vegas likes UD, cos they were always played on IDeal.
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down