Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Way to Support UD with Purchase?

4 posters

Go down

Best Way to Support UD with Purchase? Empty Best Way to Support UD with Purchase?

Post  dereklipkin Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:17 am

Dizzy, Kevin, or anyone!

I want to buy the new album, and do it in a way that is most supportive. Should I buy directly from UD? Or should I use another reseller (Amoeba, Amazon.com, etc.)?

It is conceivable that there are benefits to buying from third parties that do not exist with a direct sale. But I wanted to check.

Super stoked to get the physical CD and start BUMPING.
dereklipkin
dereklipkin

Back to top Go down

Best Way to Support UD with Purchase? Empty Re: Best Way to Support UD with Purchase?

Post  pipehitterz Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:44 am

http://www.theudstore.com/music.html its in the store, hit the music link bud
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Best Way to Support UD with Purchase? Empty Re: Best Way to Support UD with Purchase?

Post  dereklipkin Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Right . . . I know that it is available in the store.

I'm asking whether that is the best way to support UD. There may be benefits other than financial ones that derive from purchases on third party reseller sites.

But if UD would prefer that I buy direct, then I am glad to do so. But I wanted to get opinions!

So . . . if your opinion is that I should purchase direct from UD, then I appreciate the input!

Others?
dereklipkin
dereklipkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:11 pm

Well I'm sure they will be happy that you're purchasing it regardless of where.

As far as I know, If you buy it direct from the UD store then they will get a much larger slice of your money. For independent acts the more middle men they can cut out the better. So direct from them would be better financially. I dont know exactly how much of a cut the likes of amazon etc would take, but I imagine their rates would only drop if you're selling a hell of a lot of units.

Could be totally wrong but thats how I view it.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:19 am

Hi Derek,

I know I'm a little late with this since I saw that you already purchased the album through the store but Andy is right. Purchasing the album through the store that is the best way to support the group directly. You really can't go wrong as distributors and retail spots need support as well (especially since they're supporting us) but we're happy to have you purchase from the store.

Thanks for your support Derek. I know you're purchased from the store before so we always appreciate it. Thanks to everyone else who has purchased from the store in the past as well. The last month has been the best month we've ever had so we really appreciate y'all showing us so much love. Keep it fresh!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down