Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a quick question for the heads..

5 posters

Go down

Should we allow self promotion of albums on here?

Just a quick question for the heads.. Vote_lcap80%Just a quick question for the heads.. Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Just a quick question for the heads.. Vote_lcap20%Just a quick question for the heads.. Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Just a quick question for the heads.. Empty Just a quick question for the heads..

Post  turntablist Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:27 pm

After seeing Jedaprin's post about his album I wanted to know what your thoughts are on self promotion. It's all good for the folks on here to do it with any of your projects but I wanted to know whether we should keep posts like this or not, let me know what you think! :-)

https://uglyduckling.forumotion.com/general-music-discussion-f2/jedaprin-presents-new-album-gangster-beats-t250.htm

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Just a quick question for the heads.. Empty Re: Just a quick question for the heads..

Post  Pidge Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:51 pm

If it's an artist promoting their own work to like-minded individuals I have no issue. If it's obvious spam or indiscriminate street-teaming, get it deleted.
Pidge
Pidge

Back to top Go down

Just a quick question for the heads.. Empty Re: Just a quick question for the heads..

Post  turntablist Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:42 am

The Boy Pidge wrote:If it's an artist promoting their own work to like-minded individuals I have no issue. If it's obvious spam or indiscriminate street-teaming, get it deleted.

Yep just what I thought, in this particular case what do you think of the above? I consider it spam but on the same thought they've put it in the right part of the forum. Shall we keep or delete? let the people decide (or just Pidge)

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  Pidge Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:36 am

Let him be, I say. just an artist sharing. Admittedly he only hits the site to self-promote, but ultimately he's just an unsigned guy promoting what he does.

If we start getting paid promoters trying to sell us Aggro Santos or Tinnie Tempah I have an issue.
Pidge
Pidge

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:39 pm

The Boy Pidge wrote:Let him be, I say. just an artist sharing. Admittedly he only hits the site to self-promote, but ultimately he's just an unsigned guy promoting what he does.

If we start getting paid promoters trying to sell us Aggro Santos or Tinnie Tempah I have an issue.

Excellent well that's confirmed what I thought :-) cheers for the input!

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  gary barry gordon Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:02 pm

I see no problem with it...

If not for word-of-mouth a lot of my friends would never have heard of UD. If you like the music, then you have something new to find. If not, it's 3.5 minutes gone.

If there comes a lot more of the self promoting, it might even be worth considering another sub forum in which to contain them all.
gary barry gordon
gary barry gordon

Back to top Go down

Post  dizzy dustin Thu May 13, 2010 3:06 am

Dont give a shit really. As long as it's kept in the right place in the forum. Maybe we should add another topic where people can post their music? KEV DOGG?
dizzy dustin
dizzy dustin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:50 pm

I agree with Diz and everybody else. As long as it's in the right place it's ok with me. Ideally it would posted by someone who actually contributes to the forum. I mean, if you're trying to promote an album called "Gangster Beats" then perhaps the forum of a decidedly anti-gangster group like UD isn't the best place to do it. As long as it's not excessive I'd say knock yourself out. As was suggested, I can create another sub-category for this purpose, maybe call it "shameless self promotion." At least then everyone would know not to bother clicking there.

In fairness, I actually liked a couple of Jedaprin's Casio keyboard beats. I always like hearing new instrumentals so I can test my freestyle skills, although those beats really can't handle the fire that gets dropped from the top of my dome. The gas mask pictures inspires me to unleash my rarely heard gangster persona, kind of a Tupac meets Eminem. Boats and hoes, that's all I'm saying. Anyway, thanks everybody for holding down the fort.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Admin wrote:I agree with Diz and everybody else. As long as it's in the right place it's ok with me. Ideally it would posted by someone who actually contributes to the forum.

Just what I was thinking, I didn't want it to become flooded with random promotion from people who don't participate, and have only joined to self promote.

Thanks for all contributions, I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread now. :-)

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down