The Official Job Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Official Job Thread

Post  turntablist on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:31 pm

So I'll be looking for a proper job in June when I leave uni. It got me thinking what do you all do for jobs? I know Jam fixes phones (or at least I think) what do the rest of you do?

At the moment I have to admit I run my own business restoring Rhodes pianos in my spare time. I only started it in September but so far I had 7 customers including people like Tim Friese Greene from the 80's band Talk Talk.

Now its your turn!

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Job Thread

Post  Lindy on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:26 am

I do what's called Q & A testing (quality and assurance) for software...basically I just try as hard as I can to "break" software programs so I can tell the programmers how to fix them/make them more user friendly etc. What I WANT to do is design, build and test moving parts (I'd love to work for Dyson, for example), mechanical engineering, essentially...someday. Good luck to you on the hunt.

lindy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pidge on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:12 am

I work for myself as an Independent Financial Adviser. If anyone in the UK wants any help or advice regarding money stuff you know where to come!

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:41 pm

well you guys probably already know im on the verge of working as a full time tattoo artist.
i work as a class 2 lorry driver fulltime currently, but all my spare time its tattoos r us right now, i often match my weekly wage with part-time tattooistry, so lifes pretty good at the moment, all be it, extremely busy, im putting in a good 65 hours weekly towards both jobs

Back to top Go down

Post  Jam on Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:11 pm

What are your passions and qualifications, and can the two be married somehow?

I do not recommend fixing phones, unless you are happy to speak to morons...

Back to top Go down

Post  Quas on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm in the financial business --> controlling / sap-consulting - since one month i got some new work also - projectleading in our production (textile business)

what are you studiing tim?

Back to top Go down

Post  gary barry gordon on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:17 pm

www.signdisplay.com.au

This is my business. I've been running it for about 18 months. In this financial climate, we're doing suprisingly well, which is great... I say 'we', but it's just me here. I make the frames myself and own all the stuff to make them.

It's snap frames; basically poster frames that you snap open to change the posters over. You're most likely to see them in supermarkets & bottle shops. My main competitors are the Chinese snap frames. Luckily for me they're shithouse.

Back to top Go down

Post  Coagulated on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:43 am

I work as a barman in a nightclub, not exactly a wonderful job... but it certainly has it's interesting moments, namely introducing me to UD! Media is my passion though, I'm not sure what I'd like to do, maybe a bit of everything. Journalism certainly attracts me, but so does film making. So we'll see, I'm currently trying to land a Call Centre gig or something equally mundane that'll give me some money to play with.

Back to top Go down

Post  martymcfly on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:30 pm

Well this is me www.techmedics.co.uk Started up this year after being made redundant from my last job, Pidge if ya know anyone with problems send em my way would ya pal
Peace Marty

Download the Fluxcapacitor Lp here!
http://rapidshare.com/files/276590262/The_Flux_Capacitor.rar.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Pidge on Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:25 am

That's a big look! Check your email Marty McF.

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:00 am

Quas wrote:

what are you studiing tim?

I'm finally back, I managed to get that b*stard dissertation out of the way and now I need to post some long overdue CD's ;-)

I'm currently studying Business Information Systems BA Hons (Business & IT) I'll be finished in a couple of months so not long to go now before I'll be updated the thread with hopefully a new job!

Back to top Go down

Post  LA_83 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:14 am

I work as a production planner for Arada fires which Produces gas/electric and regular stoves/ boilers. I started off packing on the end of the line and slowly moved my way up the business to where I am now. I also done CNC programming for a while which they kindly paid for me to get qualified on! Hopefully one day I would like to see myself become the production manager, get qualifed to do this and take my skills elsewhere. Fingers crossed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top