Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acapellas?

+3
turntablist
Jam
Freezie
7 posters

Go down

Acapellas? Empty Acapellas?

Post  Freezie Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Just wondering if there is anywhere i can get U.D acapellas from? I'd love to do a few re-mixes of my own.
Freezie
Freezie

Back to top Go down

Acapellas? Empty Re: Acapellas?

Post  Jam Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:47 pm

Freezie wrote:Just wondering if there is anywhere i can get U.D acapellas from? I'd love to do a few re-mixes of my own.

Great idea, and a thread for us all to contribute to maybe??
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:05 pm

I remember somebody else asking about this sometime ago, long story short there aren't any from what Diz said (or at least one's available) although if you want to remix UD how about using their instrumentals off bang for the buck with some other accapellas?

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezie Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:00 am

Yea, i have the instrumentals, so i'll play around with those. Shame about the vocals though. I know the Beastie Boys used to have their acapellas up for free download on their site to remix with. Not sure if they're still there, but i got most of them anyway.

If there's any chance UD could do something similar, i think a lot of people would get really creative and come up with some great remixes. And inevitably some terrible ones along the way too! affraid
Freezie
Freezie

Back to top Go down

Post  Pidge Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:34 am

I think it was the threat of terrible ones that put the boys off; they didn't want to appear on a thousand wack mixtapes.
Pidge
Pidge

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezie Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:43 am

I can understand that. If they ever change their minds, i'll be ready and waiting.
Freezie
Freezie

Back to top Go down

Post  deathofhifi Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:21 am

You can make your own although the won't be as good as studio ones.
deathofhifi
deathofhifi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezie Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:59 am

I've heard it's possible, but not entirely sure how to go about it. I've got adobe audition. Still trying to get to grips with all the functions on it. Will look into it some more.
Freezie
Freezie

Back to top Go down

Post  deathofhifi Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:07 am

There's a couple of free VST's that'll do it (Extraboy is one) to a degree. There is a really complicated way to do it if you also have the instrumental of the same track too.

deathofhifi
deathofhifi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezie Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:41 am

That's actually really easy for me to understand. Good tutorial. I'm definately going to be doing that!
Thanks a lot dude. cheers
That probably would have taken me forever to work out.

If it's cool with the UD guys, i'll post up what i do on here. Probably won't be for a while as i don't get much time at the moment.
Freezie
Freezie

Back to top Go down

Post  JRS_One Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:43 pm

lol, I wasn't really looking at the usernames and thought u were having a conversation with yourself because both your av's are similar.

Dohh!!
JRS_One
JRS_One

Back to top Go down

Post  Jam Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:24 pm

JRS_One wrote:lol, I wasn't really looking at the usernames and thought u were having a conversation with yourself because both your av's are similar.

Dohh!!

Me too! Thought there was some mental illness thing going on there!
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post  dizzy dustin Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:33 pm

The Boy Pidge wrote:I think it was the threat of terrible ones that put the boys off; they didn't want to appear on a thousand wack mixtapes.

You are correct my friend. Not saying that there wont be any good ones. Just really sketchy about dropping accapellas. could get in the wrong hands and turn in to some crappy garage or whatever you guys call that music these days. LOL
dizzy dustin
dizzy dustin

Back to top Go down

Post  deathofhifi Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:47 pm

JRS_One wrote:lol, I wasn't really looking at the usernames and thought u were having a conversation with yourself because both your av's are similar.

Dohh!!

Lol, I often argue with myself....and lose Sad
deathofhifi
deathofhifi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezie Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:23 pm

dizzy dustin wrote:
The Boy Pidge wrote:I think it was the threat of terrible ones that put the boys off; they didn't want to appear on a thousand wack mixtapes.

You are correct my friend. Not saying that there wont be any good ones. Just really sketchy about dropping accapellas. could get in the wrong hands and turn in to some crappy garage or whatever you guys call that music these days. LOL

Not a problem. I respect your reasons.

LOL @ the whole talking to myself thing. I didnt think of that at all. It's pretty funny now you mention it!
I might change my avatar to avoid further confusion.
Peace
Freezie
Freezie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jam Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:02 pm

Freezie wrote:
I might change my avatar to avoid further confusion.
Peace

We all should have an avatar that looks the same as you two, that would be hilarious (to me at least!)
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum