Ugly Duckling Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DJ Format - The Tube - Bristol Saturday, 24 October 2009

3 posters

Go down

DJ Format - The Tube - Bristol  Saturday, 24 October 2009 Empty DJ Format - The Tube - Bristol Saturday, 24 October 2009

Post  turntablist Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:27 am

Anyone off here going to this?

http://www.ents24.com/web/event/1834270/DJ_Format.html

Should be good.

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

DJ Format - The Tube - Bristol  Saturday, 24 October 2009 Empty Re: DJ Format - The Tube - Bristol Saturday, 24 October 2009

Post  pipehitterz Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:12 pm

did you go tim?

plays a lovely breaks set
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

DJ Format - The Tube - Bristol  Saturday, 24 October 2009 Empty Re: DJ Format - The Tube - Bristol Saturday, 24 October 2009

Post  WOTM_BREAKS Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Ive got his Fabric Mix CD and think its awesome, never seen him live, definitely one id like to see in the near future!

Was it a good set/gig?
WOTM_BREAKS
WOTM_BREAKS

Back to top Go down

Post  pipehitterz Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:33 pm

WOTM_BREAKS wrote:Ive got his Fabric Mix CD and think its awesome, never seen him live, definitely one id like to see in the near future!

Was it a good set/gig?

ive personally seen him half a dozenish times, 3/4 with abdominal and a couple of times dj settin, he likes to go off on a breaks journey, not strickly hip hop breaks either, but good at mixing, not so good scratching
pipehitterz
pipehitterz

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:52 pm

Yeah unfortunately most of my friends were either ill or not interested Rolling Eyes so I went by myself. Got in quite early as I hadn't bought an advance ticket, luckily they didn't ask at the door so I got in for free. Chatted with the opening DJ and met Format about 15 minutes before he was supposed to go on. He's a really nice bloke, very approachable, so we started talking about Eastern European breaks and samples I was after etc, then he says wait here a minute I've got something for you, he comes back and gives me a mix cd of some of his stuff Smile He went off to do his set which was really good, mostly obscure covers, a lot of Latin, and some good funk then afterwards we caught up again and he signed the cd. Overall a really good night, loads of interesting people so I'll definitely be seeing him again. Next gig is UD and then after that Azimuth.

T
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  WOTM_BREAKS Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:02 pm

Safe, sounds like you had a good night T, whats the CD like?
WOTM_BREAKS
WOTM_BREAKS

Back to top Go down

Post  turntablist Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Haha to be honest I haven't listened to it yet! Embarassed

Work has been crazy so I might give it a spin tonight and see Smile

DJ Format - The Tube - Bristol  Saturday, 24 October 2009 Format

T

Last edited by turntablist on Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added picture)
turntablist
turntablist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down